Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Sparkle Words

I guess I'm making up for lost time since I didn't post much of anything at the beginning of the month.  The end of the school year will do that to a teacher.  Paperwork!Paperwork!Paperwork! Anyway, my summer has begun and I feel like I have been glued to the computer.  I swear I am a creating fool...I think I have a mild addiction...okay a huge one!  LOL!  Anyway, here is my newest creation.

I've actually been using this in my classroom for the past 6 years on this boring white paper backed on colored construction paper.



Have you ever had a student write a story and it seems like they use the same old boring words ALL.THE.TIME!!!??  Well, here is a solution to fix that writing issue! 

 Hang these Sparkle Word posters in your classroom and teach your students how to use them. 




Sparkle Words is a download containing posters for you to use on your classroom walls to help students jazz up their writing.  Instead of using those boring words like said, then, and funny, they can use sparkle words like exclaimed, suddenly, and hysterical.  These posters will be a main reference point while going through the writing process.  Students will start to remember that these sparkle words exist and they will try to use them all the time.

I have also included a blank poster for you to create your own sparkle words.
Click on any of the pictures above to download ALL 18 of the Sparkle Words posters.

I think I may become the laminating queen before school starts because my "Print Me" folder is piling up with stuff that needs printed and laminated.  Oh well, more work for me...or my assistant.  Enjoy the rest of your week!  :-)



2 comments:

The Colorful Apple said...

I like that you call them Sparkle Words - cute idea! Sometimes I feel like my students use the same ole boring words too. We'll have to work on that this year!

Sara :)
Smiling In Second Grade

Lisa R. said...

Those posters look fantastic!! I like that for word choice. I had a triboard of overused words last year, but I like that they can just look at the posters on the wall while they are writing & there it is!
Lisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure